We recognize that not every small business may be eligible for funding through Open for Business. Or, you may be interested in working with additional organizations who can help you grow your business.
Below we provide an overview of some of the top places for information on small business growth in South Florida.
The three websites below compile resources from across multiple providers and organizations.
Labor Miami is a free, centralized,
easy to access, and comprehensive
online tool that helps Miamians
identify and easily access the
resources they need to thrive in
Miami-Dade County. This page lists
providers who support small
Axis Helps Miami is an online
platform that connects Miami-
Dade residents and small business
owners to financial and knowledge
resources. On their website you
can find a calendar of upcoming
events, deadlines for grant and
loan programs, and ways to sign up
for workshops, classes, and
seminars that will help you grow
If you are looking for more specific resources, such as help with financing or business consulting, reach out to one of the following providers:
Below is a list of community-based lenders, also known as Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs).
These organizations specialize in lending money to traditionally underserved business owners so you can explore ways to get financing for your business.
- Black Business Investment Fund (BBIF)
- Central County Community Development
Corporation (CCCDC) through the Urban League of Broward
- Community Fund of North Miami-Dade
- Grameen America
- Miami Bayside Foundation
- RISE Loan Fund Powered by Dade County
- Self Help Credit Union
- South Florida Regional Planning Council
- Tools for Change
Below is a list of organizations that support a business through activities such as consulting, training, and workshops.
The topic areas they can help with include accounting, marketing, staffing, and business plan development.
- Beacon Council
- Black Professionals Network
- Center for Black Innovation
- Center for Social Change
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Haitian American Chamber of Commerce, ScaleUp 305 Program
- Idea Center at Miami-Dade College
- Legal Services of Greater Miami
- Neighbors And Neighbors Association
- The Oasis in Miami Gardens
- SBA/SCORE Miami-Dade
- South Florida Anchor Alliance
- Urban League of Broward – Entrepreneurship center
- Women’s Business Development Center
(WBDC) of Florida